Top Reasons Why You Need A Digital Marketing Strategy In 2018
Almost everyone agrees that the internet is the future and to be successful in today’s world one needs to incorporate the internet into their marketing plans. A study by Smart Insights found that almost 50% of all companies surveyed did not have a defined digital marketing plan set. The internet can vastly help your company grow and expand by bringing in more customers and helping you market to the world. Need more reasons? Here are few of the top reasons why you should consider having a digital marketing strategy in 2018.
- Many companies without digital strategies may have an online presence but are completely clueless about how to properly utilise the internet to benefit them. When you are able to create new customers and build deeper relationships with existing ones, then you are on the right track. Use the analytics and see what is working and how to improve the ones that are not.
- The online marketplace is a completely different beast compared to traditional channels. If you go into it thinking the same practices apply, you have thoroughly underestimated the space. The customer profiles and behaviours will be different, competitors will be different and the practices needed to sustain is also different.
- If your company does not devote enough resources to your digital marketing strategy, it is almost a guarantee that your competitors and start-ups will leave you in the dust because they have properly defined strategies.
- You don’t know your online customers well enough and there is a good chance you never will. All of the analytical tools you have at your disposal will provide data for the volume of visits but never what the customer is thinking. Incorporate feedback options like suggestions so that you can identify your weak spots and take measures to fix them.
- There aren’t enough people in the e-marketing space which lead to insufficient resources spent, even though digital marketing is huge. Dealing with competitive threats becomes difficult as there are no specialists who can tackle these problems effectively.
- But the unfortunate fact is even if there are sufficient resources to spend, it is usually wasted. Many big companies use different ad agencies for performing the same or similar tasks online which leads to wastage of money.
- Traditional or focused companies that rely on a single product or service to make money are going the way of the dinosaurs. Almost all of the big companies are dynamic. Diversification by having your hand in every cookie jar can be a great safety net and make you a lot of money.